Judge´s Court is a Country Manor located in the medieval
hamlet of Pragpur, at an elevation of 2000 ft. in the Kangra
Valley of the North Indian State of Himachal Pradesh.
The property is classified as "Heritage"and this
in a way makes it India's first classified Heritage Country
Manor with an ambience reminiscent of the turn of the 20th
It has two portions : -
- The Country Manor built by
Bhandari Ram for his
son, Justice Sir Jai Lal
An ancestral Cottage which
is over 300 years old
large splendid Country Manor designed in the Indo-European
tradition and built in 1918 for Justice Sir Jai Lal with it's
annex. The buildings stand in a 12-acre orchard consisting
of mango, lychee, plum, citrus and exotic trees like camphor,
clove and cardamom.
Judge's Court's elegant accommodation comprises of 10 Double
Rooms 3 of which are suites inclusive of the cottage in the
Eco-Friendly, Organic and Green
The Judge's Court substantially grows its own fruit, vegetables,
wheat, maize and oil seeds. All efforts are made towards creating
environment. Milk is from an owned dairy on the premises.
Water is exclusively piped from an ancestral mountain spring.
Preserves are from the "green" produce of the orchard.
owning Kuthiala Sood family that runs it has been part of
Heritage Village Pragpur since the time it was founded.
The rooms go by such names as Kipling, Hardinge, Kangra, Dhauladhar,
and are elegantly furnished.
Judge's Court has been lovingly restored. It offers a rare
kind of hospitality, peace, quiet and exclusivity.
is available only on prior reservation.